- No consolidation of schools.
- If the committee recommends a bond election, it should not exceed approximately $75 million. ($15 million of which is for technology)
- The committee will propose a possible future bond election.
Ground Rules for the Bond Committee
- We are here for the students of BISD.
- We will actively participate.
- We will respect the ideas and opinions of each other.
- We will focus on District needs.
- We will honor time limits.
- The chair may re-direct the committee.
- We will honor the committee process. Each member will care for his/her own personal needs.
Trustees Vote to Form Bond Study Committee
March 29, 2010
At a special called meeting, BISD’s board of trustees unanimously voted to form a citizen’s committee to review the
recently completed facilities report. The committee will begin meeting Monday, April 5 in the Omni Room at the
Birdville Center of Technology and Advanced Learning. Trustees and administration will charge the committee to
make a recommendation on how best to address future facility needs.